Sunday, March 1, 2015

Michelangelo's David Portrait Drawing


'David Portrait' 2015
11x14" Original Charcoal

I drew Michelangelo's 'David' a few years ago but I had been thinking about drawing detail close ups for quite some time now. The face is most striking (besides the hands) so I thought I'd start here. 17 hours later and here we are. I used layers of crosshatching (no blending involved) building up the lights and darks with generals charcoal and wolff's carbon pencils on a fog blue paper. 

2 comments:

  1. This piece of artwork is a wonderful piece that displays the talent and creativity of other's. It is a very nice piece of art and if I had the funds I would prpbrably buy it, good job,and god speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Juan! I really did enjoy creating this one.

      Delete