Friday, May 23, 2008

Dachshund Gouache Painting


Here we have another commission pet portrait of two female Dachshund's. They are the daughters' of "Stano", who I have also painted a portrait of, both done in gouache paints. I played around with texture and blending a little bit more in this one for more experience using this medium and although difficult to handle it turned out to be very interesting to work on. I found myself layering paint quite a bit but I think it was well worth the trials and errors.
20X24 inches
Gouache on Illustration Board

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Just came across your blog, how talented you are! Wonderful paintings and drawings in so many different media. The portrait of the man really is excellent and stands out among all the others, a classic piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have excellent drafting ability - and your pet portraits display such empathy - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete