Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Own Two

Hand oil painting















I painted this from a photo reference of my own hands. I don't usually paint this loosely but I had fun using just one large sized brush for the whole painting. I painted this a few years ago for an assignment in a class called "heads&hands" and it was in that class that I painted for the first time in my life. I took so much knowledge from that class about how to paint human skin tones and how to compare warm and cool colors in light and shadow. This painting I had actually left unfinished for some time but just recently I decided to finish it and then apply a coat of gloss varnish to really finish it off.

11"X14"X3/4"Thick
Oil on Canvas

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I really love your paintings, they are so balanced, in terms of values. Is it possible for you to elaborate on cool and warms in light and shadow a little bit. That will help a lot. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can paint some hands!! These look great. I really like the brushy way you paint, I enjoyed the painting of the dancer's feet you had before as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I came across your blog. You have a natural ability for art and for talking about it in a way that is understandable. You would be a great teacher. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very nice and your paintings and drawings are wonderful! The skin tones are beautiful, and your use of warm and cool colors, and values are done well.
    I see we share a love for portraiture. Painting people never gets boring. Every face is unique.
    Thank you for your nice comment on my painting of Molly the Greyhound. She was fun to paint and yes her tongue is massive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dramatic painting with expressive brushwork and the pose of the hands with overhead lighting! Very lively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attractive painting its lovely, awesome keep it up wish you good luck
    http://www.consumerspk.com/damages-of-rs-25000-against-mepco-on-faulty-service/

    ReplyDelete