Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Copper Tea Kettle Oil Painting


This is another one of my favorites because I just loved how the copper turned out. It was during the still life class that I painted this for that I picked up a brush for the very first time. It seems that every single assignment intimidated me but during every one that I painted I realized everything is a series of colors together. You just have to know what to look for. First I laid down a middle value color for the pot and then basically layered other thicker tints and tones of that basic color on top. The only thing I would have changed is the set up. I feel that things are a little bit too in line with one another.

1 comment:

  1. I bought two little copper pots at Goodwill recently for .99 cents because it was Christmas. They'll be appearing on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete